Notice: Undefined index: class in /home/customer/www/skeeterpro.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/origin/shortcodes/or_title.php on line 12
- Hire Skeeter Pro to spray your yard every 21 days to kill adolescent and adult mosquitoes before they bite you, your kids and your pets.
- Make sure your rain gutters are clean and flowing
- Drain all standing water on your property.
- Cover trash containers so that water does not accumulate on the bottom.
- Do not allow water to stand in any type of container in your yard
including at the base of planters.
- Change pet dish water frequently and water in bird baths at least once per week.
- Properly care for backyard pools and water filled landscaping accents.
- Trim trees and shrubs around sitting areas to eliminate mosquito resting places.
- Encourage your next door neighbors to hire the Skeeter Pro. Refer a friend or neighbor to a seasonal application and get one Skeeter Pro’s application free of charge.
- A mosquito only weighs 1/25,000 of an ounce.
- Mosquitoes are responsible for more human deaths than any other living creature.
- Mosquitoes pose a threat to public health, spreading everything from West Nile virus, encephalitis, dengue fever, malaria, and even heart worms in pets.
- Citronella candles and smoking coils repel mosquitoes, but you have to stay in the smoky plume to be protected.
- West Nile virus is spread by infected mosquitoes, and can cause serious, life-altering and even fatal disease.
- There are over 2,500 species of mosquitoes scattered throughout the world.
- One female mosquito may lay 100 to 300 eggs at a time and may average 1,000 to 3,000 off springs during her life span.
- Mosquitoes breed in standing water, so eliminating standing water on your property reduces your risk.
- The average life span of a female mosquito is 3 to 100 days and the male lives an average of 10 to 20 days.
- Only female mosquitoes bite—they need the protein for their eggs.
- Male mosquitoes survive by sucking on nectar and other plant juices.
- The welt that appears after a mosquito bites is an allergic reaction to the saliv that is injected into your skin to prevent your blood from clotting.
- From 100 feet away (30 meters) mosquitoes can smell your scent, especially the carbon dioxide (CO2) you exhale.
- Mosquitoes rarely travel farther than 300 feet from their birthplace.
- Light colors are less attractive to mosquitoes than dark colors; thus, mosquitoes are more likely to choose a victim wearing darker colors.
- Mosquitoes are found all over the world, even in cold places like the Arctic.
- Mosquitoes prefer dark places like trees, grass and shrubs.
- A mosquito develops from egg to adulthood in 4 to 7 days.
- Like humans, mosquitoes have food preferences—not all mosquito species bite humans, some prefer birds, horses, frogs or turtles.